Promising young talent for 2016
Article written by les métiers de la mer
2016 is a promising year for soccer, since many teams have a number of young players who are just 21 years or under. These young stars will be a force to be reckoned with, in a few years to come.
- Youri Tielemans – This teenager is just 18 and has made 83 plus appearances for his own club Anderlecht. Out of these appearances he as won in the pro leagues and at the Belgian Super Cup. The young midfielder was named Belgium’s Young footballer of the year for 2013/14. He also went on to receive the Belgian Talent of the year award.
- Martin Odegaard – The Real Madrid star, was one of the youngest players to join the team, at the tender age of 16.
- Raheem Sterling – This star who was not one of the most popular players for Liverpool, has however proved that he is talented. At the age of 20, he has played over a 100 times with popular clubs and was part of the World Cup. He transferred to Manchester for a rumored 49 pounds.
- Adnan Januzaj- This youngster took sometime to make an impression on Louis van Gaal. The player currently plays a winger for the Premier league club, Manchester United. He also plays with the Belgium National Team. He started his career with Anderlecht and then moved on to Manchester United at the age of 16.
- Julian Brandt – This young winger, aged 19, showed his talent in the Bundesliga final term with Bayer Leverkusen. He is looking to break into the seniors soon.